About GL SCHOOL AGRA,
At GL SCHOOL AGRA, your child will also be ours, While on the road to Achievement and Success.
We offer your child the very best - each day and every day. A beautiful campus location and a safe learning environment . Only the best is good enough to nurture the development of your child.
A long proven concept of personalized instruction and a host of values that kindle the child's curiosity and secure the parent's peace of mind.
The school programme is designed for optimum result, vital interaction between teachers and students, and principles based on genuine educational values. The climate in the school is both challenging and invigorating. Ongoing dialogue and the pleasure of accomplishment fashion the personality of students who are expected to address tomorrow's realities.
A School is :
- An academic community characterized by a shared vision shared responsibility and
- Community to integral education of all students.
- For a just and humane society.
- In loyalty to its specific mission.
An Academic Community
- All members of the school community especially the teaching staff, endeavor to
have a common vision of education and of its goals. They meet periodically to reflect
upon and discuss them as a group.
- The atmosphere of the school is one in which all can live and work together in understanding
and love, with respect for all men and women, as children of God.
- School policies and practices reflect accepted vision and goals of the school.
- Programmes are organized for the personal, spiritual and professional growth of
- Community spirit is fostered by occasional religious and social celebrations.
- All members of the school community are concerned with one another and learn from
one another. Personal concern extends to parents, to the student within his or her
family and to former students.
- The Management pays adequate attention to the economic and other material needs
of the staff.
- Service conditions of the staff and school regulations are clear, judicious and
- The style of administration upholds the principles of subsidiary and partnership.
- Teachers and administrators are involved in molding the lives of the students,
taking a personal interest in the integral development of every student, helping
each one to develop a sense of self-worth. And to become responsible individual
within the community. They try to live in a way that offers an example to the students.
- All members are involved in the setting of goals, in the making of decisions related
to them and in the evaluation of performance and achievement.
- Periodic assessment of school policies and practices is carried out with the participation
of all members of the school community.
Committed to Integral Education of all Students
- There is a judicious adaptation of the syllabus and teaching methods for the benefit
of the students.
- Students are taught methods of learning adapted to their individual differences.
- Individual students have opportunities to get counseling in academic and personal
- In learning a subject, students not only gather knowledge but are tuned to contemplate,
to reason and to reflect rather than mere passive reception.
- Students are helped to attain realistic knowledge, love and acceptance of self,
while being challenged to realize their fullest potential by overcoming sin and
all other obstacles to growth. They compete against their own selves, rather than
- Opportunities are provided to all students to develop their imagination, creativity,
affectivity, aesthetic sense and communication skills.
- While balanced physical growth is facilitated by an adequate physical education
programme, sports and games foster values of collaboration and "sporting spirit".
- Religious and spiritual formation is integral to education, it is not added to,
or separated from, the educational process.
- There is, besides a religious instruction programme to impart religious and ethical
knowledge appropriate to the particular age of students.
- The religious education program includes experiences of prayer and worship, and
opportunities to reflect upon life experiences from a spiritual perspective.
- The school encourages among students and staff friendly contact with, and appreciation
of, other cultures and religions, and to be creatively critical of the contributions
and deficiencies of each.
- The value of education programme takes into account, and provides for the various
steps in the process of value interiorisation as well as the difference in the age
of the students.
For a Just and Humane Society
- The policies, programmes and structures in the school give counter-witness to the
materialistic, consumer and unjust values in society and foster values and anticipate
an experience of the new society we would create.
- Teachers are critically aware of values implied in the curriculum as well as in
the practices and structures of society, especially mass media, and help students,
according to their age, to be equally aware of them.
- A realistic knowledge of society, with its opportunities for human development as
well as of social evils, is gradually imparted to students in various courses with
a "call to secure a total improvement."
- Under certain conditions students have opportunities for guided contact with the
poor and for service to them. This contact is always joined to reflection.
- Respect for and appreciation of every individual, experience of sharing and of service
and habit of reconciliation (forgiveness) are consistently promoted in the school.
- The school is concerned with the ways, in which students will make use of their
formation within the human community, in the service of others.
- The poor and the underprivileged in the country are always the focus of all educational
policies. The question of how these policies are to benefit them in the long run
is of great importance.
- On special occasions, the school intervenes actively, as an institution, in human
and civil rights issues at the local and wider levels.